Monday, January 18, 2016

Musing Mondays

Musing Mondays (Jan.18)

Musing Mondays is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
Musing Mondays at ADailyRhythm
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION: Do you have any particular “quirks” when it comes to reading? (eg. taking notes while reading, etc)


Here is my Monday Musing response to "I blogged about _________ this past week".


I blogged about a lot of things this week -- nothing earth shattering or particularly interesting but things that were impacting me personally. 

I remember when I first learned about blogs.  My son's friend, Mundee, had a blog.  I asked him what that was, he told me, and I immediately decided I wanted one as well.  I was intrigued.  I like to write so I decided this would be a perfect outlet for me.  I discovered almost as immediately that some days there was just nothing to write about.  I also discovered that was ok.

Then came Facebook and I got hooked into that.  It is fun and yet it is just a bit evil.  It allows me to keep up with family and friends that I don't see often.  It also allows me to waste lots and lots of time.  I find it depressing a lot of the time because there is so much sadness and anger expressed there.  That might work for some but not for me. 

So, I have come back to my blog and I have discovered that I need to write something, anything, every day.  I try to do pictures.  I try to do memes like this when nothing is going on but I do try to be present every day.  I have a very small following and that is fine with me.  I correspond with my followers on a regular basis and call them friends.  So, while my writing doesn't span the vast horizons, it has allowed me to create my little corner of the world with like minded people and I can escape to this corner whenever I want and it brings me comfort and joy.

With that, I invite you to join me at boyett-brinkley.blogspot.com.


10 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Thanks for sharing your experiences, and I agree that blogging is a personal way we express our thoughts and share our lives.

Facebook is another place I go, but I am careful about sharing personal stuff.

I link my blog posts there, so readers can find me.

Enjoy your week, and here is my MUSING MONDAYS POST



alberta ross said...

Well hi there- blogs are are great place to write I agree - it's not so much huge numbers of people one cannot connect with but some who are there because they like what you say:)

Breana M. said...

I like this post, thanks for sharing! :-)

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Laurel-Rain Snow -- I look at FB but I don't post a whole lot and certainly nothing of a personal nature. I mostly message friends privately. I am finding a lot of the postings to be disturbing in one way or another so while I check it I try not to hang around there too often. I think I might start linking to my blog as I have seen others do it. I also follow you on goodreads and am really enjoying reacquainting myself there as well.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Alberta Ross -- Hi! So glad you stopped by! That is what I have always thought about my followers -- quality not quantity!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Brenna M -- Thank you! And thank you for stopping by! Come back anytime.

Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People said...

I completely agree with you about Facebook! I waste so much time on that. That's why I try to focus more on my blog. It's happier there :)

Cheryl @ I Heart Fictional People

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Cheryl -- I agree! That is the one place that you can completely create your own world -- just the way you want it! Thanks for stopping by!

Pom Pom said...

Hi BB! I've had a bug of some sort, so I haven't been at my computer, only using my iPad.
I hope you are having a restful and refreshing week. You need a bit of recovery from last week, for sure.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Pom Pom! Oh no, bugs are not good. I am feeling much better than I did Monday. I was all wrung out like an old limp dishrag. Today I woke up with a little more energy and have actually been able to do some housework. It feels good to get my own place back in order -- now if I could just get the Christmas taken down it would be great! Haha! But, it isn't hurting anything so it will probably just stay there for a couple of more days.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...