Thursday, January 28, 2016

Throwback Thursday

Social media has a little activity called Throwback Thursday where people post old photos.  I decided to bring this to my blog today.  So, here you go.



Meet my great-great grandmother, Dorietta Bierschwale Giles.  She was born 24 February 1849 in Hanover, Germany.  She married my great-great grandfather John Isom Giles 23 February 1869 in Kendall County, Texas.  Together they had 11 children.  She passed away 6 June 1919 in San Antonio, Texas at age 70 and is buried in the family cemetery in Harper, Texas.

4 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Nothing to do with throwing back, but what bird is that? I'm guessing some sort of pigeon but I've never seen one in those colours and I've never seen one sheltering chicks.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I have no idea but isn't she gorgeous! She looks like a pigeon but I am wondering if she is photo shopped. The colors just caught my eye and looked so bright and spring-like that I thought she would look nice on my header. I love how she is protecting the babes.

Frugally challenged said...

Never thought about her colouring being enhanced.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Mary -- if it was messed around with they did a really good job. I think it is gorgeous.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...