Friday, February 12, 2016

The Simple Womans Daybook

A long time ago I used to participate in the Simple Woman's Daybook (thesimplewoman.blogspot.com) but somehow I just got away from it.  I think it was around the time that Facebook became so "interesting".  Well, I decided to come back to it and was so glad to see it was still going strong.  So, here is my Simple Woman's Daybook entry for today.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
For Today... 
Outside my window... The sun is shining and the birds are singing
I am thinking...about the things I would like to get accomplished today since the last couple of days haven't been too fruitful
I am thankful...being allowed to have today, for my husband, my kids, my grandkids, my church, my life in general, the sunshine
I am wearing...opps! Still in pjs! Maybe I should be sure to get dressed for the day before I start writing these things -- I forgot they asked this question!
I am creating...two quilts, one for a child (a 40 year old child but MY child) and one for a grandchild
I am going...to go to the toy store or Target to find some pick up sticks -- remember pick up sticks?
I am wondering...if winter is really over for us?  Sure seems like spring to me!
I am reading... "Dune Road" by Jane Greene.  I am reading it on my Nook even though I have a physical copy of it

I am hoping...to do better today on my sugar detox -- darn those Girl Scout cookies anyway -- can you imagine how fantastic Thin Mints are frozen?
I am learning...to do housework.  At my age after 43 years of marriage I am learning to do housework without making myself crazy
In my garden...things are coming out and blooming.  I have been noticing that Arlo and his friend (can't remember his name), my little gnomes that have a fairy door into a big rock in my garden, look like they need a bit of sprucing up and there are a lot of fairy garden things on sale at Joann's right now.  Hmmm.....is that a good expenditure of money?

In my kitchen...I will be starting some bread in a little while and thinking about dinner -- maybe fried chicken strips and mashed potatoes?  Comfort food for Friday night -- sounds good

In the homeschool room...I don't have small children so I don't homeschool but I do help my granddaughter with her homework.  Yesterday we did quite a bit of makeup work from when she was sick last week.  Also, because she goes to parochial school, there are several projects for Lent.  She made a little chaplet and we have been doing that for her prayer log.  Who knew she could race through the Our Father and ten Hail Mary's so quickly!

A favorite quote for today..."But in my life, I love you more"
A peek into one of my days...if you would peek into one of my days you would find me doing what I have always done, taking care of home, Hubs and children.  I would be cooking, cleaning and sewing and pretty much running my house as my mother ran hers during my childhood in the 1950's.  With the except of the computer, I do things pretty much the same way
One of my favorite things...is doing all sorts of needlework
That is my daybook entry for today, 12 February 2016.

6 comments:

Connie said...

Hello, I just came from my blog, where you left a very warm and friendly comment. Reading this post I can see that we have much in common. I was planning of clicking your following list and following your blog, but I do not see a place to click.
I enjoy making new blogging friends and want to invite you back anytime . . . my welcome mat is always out.
Your new blogging sister,
Connie :)

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Connie! Somebody else told me that there isn't a place to follow and I don't know how to fix it! I will figure it out. Yes, come back anytime. My blog is a bit random and doesn't really have a theme -- just what sort of hits me at the time but you are more than welcome to visit any time! I will work on that button.

JLS Hall said...

Yes, pick up sticks! I used to LOVE those. I think I might actually still have some stored somewhere. Life was a lot slower back then, wasn't it?

Pom Pom said...

Hello BB! I do things the same way, too. When I was teaching (just 9.5 years) I missed the rhythms of home SO much. Fairy garden things can be your toys. Yes, a good use of pocket money.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Joy -- Yes! Pick up sticks! I remember us playing with them -- probably the ones you still have! Yes, life was slower then. And better. Do you remember building the fort with the lawn chairs under the gardenia bush? And remember when our mothers would clear out the closet and open the trap door so we could get under the house when the tornado warnings came? Would that really have worked? There are so many things -- I wish I had more pictures. Bean loves all sorts of board games so I think she would like the pick up sticks -- I can see her getting frustrated though.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pom Pom -- I lived at home until I married and then I moved to our own home and I only worked for a little while. So, my whole life has been about keeping house and taking care of kids and honestly, it is all I ever really wanted to do. I am happy at home doing the things of home and now that I have figured out how to do it all without being crazy I am doing good. And yes, I agree, good expenditure of money and with 30%off not a bad deal!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...