Thursday, February 18, 2016

Throwback Thursday




 Throwback Thursday -- 1977- I Think



My baby boy, circa 1977, with his very first ice cream cone -- EVER -- after seeing a Micky Mouse show at the local mall.

I have been blogging for a long time but I don't think many people know I have a son.  I don't post about him and his family because they don't allow me to include photos.  That makes me sad, though, because he was such a beautiful child who has grown into a handsome man with a lovely family. 

He is the father of my three grandchildren -- Nathan, age 9, Kathryn, age 7 and Emily, age 15 months. 

I remember the day of this photo so well.  I had bought his outfit at Joske's and he absolutely hated it and I think this was the only time he ever wore it! He got so excited at this Micky Mouse show that he was literally hyperventillating! He had such a wonderful time and then......he got his first ice cream cone.  He loved it! And he didn't get it all over my mother's car!

It was such an exciting day and I really like looking back at those "old" photos! I might have to start posting some of him "back in the day" -- I don't think they would have a problem with that.

Anyway, this is my TBT for today!

4 comments:

Penhallow Street said...


I love your son's expression and his ice cream mustache :) An adorable pic--and a handsome tyke.

I think I was more excited to see what my children's first reaction would be to ice cream, than they were. Of course after the first lick, they were sold :)

Bonnie

JLS Hall said...

I've never seen that photo before, but I remember him so well at that age! Why didn't he like the outfit?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Bonnie -- oh yeah, all it takes is one lick! But, he didn't like chocolate!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Joanie -- I am not sure why he didn't like it. I found it at Joske's and thought it was cute and tried to try it on him and he just fussed so I did the logical thing and bought it anyway (go figure) and when I tried to put it on him he just cried but we went anyway and he got over it but he never wore it again. I need to post more pics of him when he was little -- like the ones of him with your little car.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...