Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Domestic Diva Book Series

As you probably already know, I love book series -- especially if they have nice covers.  I have been reading the Agatha Raisin series as well as the Aunt Dimity series -- both of which I recommend. I decided to look into some of the other cozy mystery series -- I don't understand my recent affinity for mysteries -- I used to never like them -- but, I do now it seems so I decided to see what else was out there and there is plenty, trust me.

I picked up the first in the Domestic Diva series by Krista Davis.  The title is "The Diva Runs Out of Thyme". 








It isn't a long book, about 286 pages if you don't read the recipes, but it is such a quick read.  It was a really good mystery as you didn't know the culprit until the end -- it was a busy book, a lot going on and a lot of characters.  Not hard to keep up with but all the activity certainly did obscure the whodunnit.

I recommend this book for sure -- not sure about the rest of the series but I will be trying another in the lineup.  Oh, and the cover is great!  And if you read the recipes they look divine! I might even try a couple of them toward the holiday season

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

If I didn't have such a big pile of reads going now, I'd check out The Domestic Diva! Thank you for the recommendation!
I'm tired from gardening. I SHOULD have a reading day!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pom Pom -- I am reading like a fiend! I am limiting my social media time so it seems I have more time to do other things like genealogy and reading. I really need to read down some of my stacks and the books I have on my e-reader -- so I can buy more, of course!

Frugally challenged said...

Have you tried the Hamish MacBeth series also by M C Beaton who wrote the Agatha Raisin series? I got hooked on them last year. I got through to book 18 but there are actually 31 so I can have another Hamish-fest at a later date.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Mary -- I have listened to a couple of them on audio book and completely loved them. I have been buying them up at my neighborhood used bookstore and I will start on them when I am done with Agatha which won't be too long. While listening to the audio book I had this mental vision of Hamish and he was quite similar to my son-in-law!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...