Sunday, June 26, 2016

Long Time No Blog -- So Sorry



It has been a few days since my last blog post.  You are probably curious about what I have been doing.  No?  Cool.  The fact of the matter is I have been doing very little of any import.  It is hot here which makes trying to do anything outdoors pretty miserable and draining -- not that I do much outdoors anyway.  Getting into a hot car and navigating the ridiculous traffic isn't fun either so we have been pretty much staying at home.

I have done a craft project -- a tooth fairy box.  I decided to do this rather than a tooth fairy pillow.  The tooth was just about to come out so I put a rush on it.  The tooth still hasn't come out -- stubborn tooth.  Anyway, here is my creation such as it is.






 It is made from an altoid-type metal box and scraps of scrapbooking paper, felt and rick rack.  It was fun and quick to make and possesses just the right amount of tacky.

I have been making an effort to cook at home more.  I decided to make some potato soup from a very famous, down-home, cook's recipe and I just have to say it was dreadful.  I will be sticking to my own recipe, thank you which is pretty much potatoes cooked and mashed with some chicken broth and milk added.  Now THAT is potato soup.  Oh well, you live and learn.  The rest of the menu involved ham and cheese sandwiches.






The sandwich was ok, the soup not so much.  I also made bread in the bread maker and I just have to say I prefer the bread I make without the bread maker.  That is on taps for today, I think.

And, here are a couple of pics of Bean's kinder graduation -- I have to admit I shed tears through the whole thing.  They sang, and acted out, "If I Were a Butterfly" and I am proud to say she was the very best butterfly -- ever.



So sorry but the light was really bad in the church.  It is a lovely church but a photography nightmare. 

I rarely go to Walmart but we went the other day to get some stuff to make Hubs new tires shiny.  I happened across these

and I couldn't resist.  I purged the kitchen of all my old cup towels a while back and bought two new sets of four each in turquoise and white stripe but I thought these were lovely and the non-terry ones will look lovely in the bread basket at meals. 

So, that is what I have been up to.  Reading has come to a screeching halt because I am stuck on a book I just really want to finish but really don't want to read.  Ah, first world problems, what can I say.  I am working on some unfinished sewing projects that I would like to complete before the end of summer -- a couple of them before the end of this week, actually! Good luck to moi on that.

Anyway that brings you up to date on my incredibly dull summer thus far.  Hope yours is better. My next post will probably include mention of my new crafting obsession -- cardmaking.  I am intrigued yet terrified.  I am building an arsenal of tools and gadgets with which to create these cards.  More to come.  Maybe.

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...