Thursday, June 02, 2016

Me and PaPa

I was going through some photos on the computer and I ran across this one.  This is my grandfather, James W. Davis and me at my 3rd birthday party in 1953.  I remember this birthday party well and I remember that little basket handbag.  I also got a red duster just like a grown up lady.  I should get the other photos out so you could see my cousins and my lovely cake.  Can you believe it was February?  This nice day was the norm for South Texas winter.  Sigh -- three was great.

4 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi BB! How sweet! Yes, more pics of the birthday! You are 8 years older than me. Yay for all those births in the 50's. My mom says she was pregnant all through the 1950's. I was pregnant all through the 80's.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

That is how I felt about the 70's -- one in 75 and one in 79. I will have to dig the photos out and scan them -- my pictures are in horrible order though -- I was making a picture album and had them all out and now they are all mixed up. I am really bad at picture-keeping.

Frugally challenged said...

Lovely photo! Childhood looks so innocent and sweet then, pretty frocks not Disney teeshirts!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Mary -- I remember that dress well, it was a lovely blue. And my mother seemed to have a "thing" for ankle strap shoes. I wore lots of them. This grandfather was the second born in the US -- the rest were all born in Wales and came as children. He and four more were born here.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...