Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Will I Ever Get Tired Of It?

I haven't been feeling all that great the last few days.  Seems allergy season has started early for me -- actually, it never ended LAST allergy season -- seems all my allergy seasons are running together.  The last week-end just about did me in -- a family reunion in Waco on Saturday, family things Sunday and Monday which included meet the teacher day, house hunting, lunch out and a movie.  By the time I got home Monday evening I seriously thought I was going to die I was so exhausted and.....my feet hurt.  So, yesterday was spent trying to recover after my 8 a.m. dental appointment.  I hope I remember to NEVER make another 8 a.m. appointment -- this was my second in a month.  I am not an early morning person anymore, it seems.  Today, however, I was more or less back to my old self so I got some laundry done, managed to actually thaw something for dinner and cook it and I made a couple of cards. 

So, without further adieu -- the cards

The first one was not good.  It didn't have enough "stuff".  So, I improved on it.  I added the bat.

 It still wasn't right so I just did it over again and here is that attempt --





This one was a great improvement so it will be the one to be mailed.  There is a learning curve to this and I am having difficulty remember to pay attention to the small details.  Up to this point I have been putting things together and not paying enough heed to the little things and then the end result is just a bit wonky and I have to think about it.  When I think about it I can discern what is wrong and re-do but I am going to have to be more careful to do that BEFORE the thing is a finished product.

Anyway, that was today.  After a bit of vacuuming tomorrow I will be back at it because for some reason I just can't get enough of this craft.


4 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

You are getting keen! Two and a half months to Hallowe'en and cards made already. And I like both.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I like to send the grands cards a lot so I figure this one is for my grandson who is 10. It is hard to find cards for that age group that aren't just gross or too babyish so I thought this silly mummy cat would be good for him. Now on to three girl cards and two birthday cards. I can't believe how much money I have spent on this but I am having fun. I am especially like the nesting dies that I bought, they work really well and now I am actually using the computer to print out the sentiments. I have never really used the computer for anything but surfing online so now I am finally learning how to actually do something with it. Who knew this old dog could learn some new tricks.

Pom Pom said...

How fun (your cards!)
I know that sometimes I need a couple of days off in order to be Peppy Pom Pom. Too much in one day wears us out! Ha!
Take care, BB!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Pom Pom -- it is fun but I am wasting lots of paper and being a quilter I have always been about NOT wasting so it is sort of going against my natural tendencies. However, it is great fun and I am flexing the creative part of my brain!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...