Friday, January 13, 2017

Book Beginnings on Friday hosted by Rose City Reader







Again, this is a meme I used to participate in but have let go for some reason.  I decided to pick it up again today.  If you would like to join in you can find the rules at RoseCityReader.com.  The idea is to post the first one or two sentences from  your current read and then link back to the website.

I am currently reading "Angels in my Hair" by Lorna Byrne, a modern day Irish mystic that claims to be able to see angels.  I saw her on a television program and decided to explore her book which is autobiographical.  It is a good read, interesting, funny in parts, questionable but thought provoking.  I would recommend.




Here are my first sentences --

"When I was two years old the doctor told my mother I was "retarded."  "When I was a baby, my mother noticed that I always seemed to be in a world of my own.  I can even remember lying in a cot--a big basket--and seeing my mother bending over me."

So, if you decide to check out Lorna Byrne, there are lots of articles about her.  Interesting lady.

2 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I was drawn in by the Irish mystical elements. Thanks for sharing...and here's mine: “THE STEP MOTHER”

Lauren Stoolfire said...

Very intriguing. I may have to look her up.

Lauren @ Always Me

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...