Sunday, March 26, 2017

Grands, Grands Everywhere

Last night was a unique experience for me -- a first, actually.  I have four grandchildren -- Caroline, Kathryn, Nathan and Emily.  Well, last night Hubs and I had K, N, and E at our house while Mom and Dad went out for a birthday celebration and C/W dancing. 

It was an experience for me because I have never had three children to care for at one time before.  It was also an experience because of the age difference of the children.  N is 10, K is 8 and E is 2.  I have to say though that E held her own and kept up the pace.  Whatever the bigs were doing, she was going to do as well.

Then it was bedtime.  I had them all settled in my guest room.  Then the hiccup.  The bigs sleep with the light on, the little doesn't like the light on.  What is a Nona to do?  Well, E finally got fed up with it, let us know, she was removed from the dimly lit room, fell asleep on me and ended up in my dark bedroom in the middle of the king-size bed all by herself.  She knows how to score the good sleeping place for sure.

Mom and Dad arrived about 12:45 to take them home.  It was a good evening.  I think we all had fun.

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I had all five over a week or two ago, five under 4 is like herding sheep, everyone going in different directions!!! So I know how you feel, but its the pleasure being a grandparent!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

It is such a pleasure and a privilege and it wasn't really difficult, the 8 year old was a big help with the little and the 10 year old just did his own thing. Since I had never had them all for that long I didn't really know what to expect but it was fun.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...