Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Thinking, thinking, thinking......And A New Novel



My title makes it sound as if I am writing a new novel!  Oh, heavens no! One of my goals in life WAS to write but somehow that never happened so now I read.  And this is what I am reading now.  A change from my last read and this one starts out in The City, in the winter, during the first snow of the season.  A picturesque walk up apartment -- think "You've Got Mail" only smaller.  The perfect setting for this incredibly hot, Texas day.  I am only on chapter two so I don't know much yet except there is a woman, a boy child and no husband so I see romance in the future.  Maybe.  I will let you know.

Now, thinking.  I am thinking about something so out of character for me.  I am thinking about doing something that is going to test every part of my very being.  I am thinking about sewing a blouse.  I don't like to sew.  I gave up garment sewing eons ago and now I only sew quilts and I am learning to hate that as well.  But......

I have been looking at clothes.  I like the looks of things like JJill, Chico, and Coldwater Creek.  I don't like the price tags however.  So, I am thinking.

What crept into my mind during my nap and woke me up is a t-shirt type top made from woven (non-stretchy) fabric.  There are some lovely examples on pinterest.  They are modeled by some tall, willowy, nymph-like creatures about age 12.  I am not any of those things.

Surely I am setting my self up for a huge disappointment, waste of time and money and a slap to my self esteem.

There are some gorgeous examples of this very top in silk, challis, solids, prints.  So easy, so elegant, so.......

I don't know.  Maybe I will give it a go.  I am sure if it doesn't go will you will hear about it.

6 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

I hope we'll hear about it whether it "goes" or not!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

yes,not quite sure....I guess the first step is to get myself to the fabric shop and look at some of those ridiculously expensive patterns. It is outrageous.

Frugally challenged said...

Could you be brave enough to google free patterns? A top like that wouldn't be too hard and maybe you could find some old fabric for a toile?

Pom Pom said...

I hope you DO sew a blouse! Sewing is fun once you get going!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Mary....maybe.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pom Pom-- :(~ The sewing part is fine,the fitting part is a whole other story!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...