Friday, December 08, 2017

Crazy World

I grew up in South Texas.  We had one major snowfall there in all my life.  We saw snowflakes once in a while but nothing significant. 

I now live in North Texas where ice storms are common.  We don't get much snow but more than we did when we lived south.  I can do without both.

Yesterday a major snow event happened over the southern half of Texas from the Valley all the way across to Houston.  The photos are lovely.  I am so thankful I am not there trying to get ready to move.

Be aware the citrus prices will go up because everything they are growing in the Valley is probably ruined.

I hate winter.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I knew what that was like! I have lived in west Michigan my entire life, so winter is always bad. The lake tends to give us a ton of snow.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Erica! thanks for stopping by. In S. Texas my kids rarely wore coats and lots of Christmas's were spent in shorts. In N Texas not so much but still mild in comparison to other areas. I guess I was planted where I needed to be because I really am miserable in cold weather -- my joints ache, my skin cracks, my mood completely disintegrates ---I am just not a snow bunny.

Pom Pom said...

Hi BB! Our weather has been so weird! Warm, though! I like it. I want it to snow but I can wait until Christmas. Are you moved in yet?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi Pom Pom! Yes, the weather here has been even more strange than usual. Yesterday the high was 80 with sun, today the high is 57 with sun. As long as the "sun" lasts, I can cope. We are moving as I type. The movers did part of it yesterday (the garage and patio stuff) and then today they are moving the furniture and appliances. It will require two trips which is fine. They have already taken off with the first load. It really has almost everything in it -- except the refrigerator, freezer, sofa and big dining table. I am loading up boxes with lots of kitcheny stuff. I thought I wanted to move it myself but then I though -- naaah...let them. So, that is where we are. Here at the old house (Maison Brinkley)we have a siamese cat that comes to visit once in a while. I thought I would miss her. However, the new house (Brinkley Cottage) seems to have a big, fat, orange tabby that visits. So, I guess I won't be catless for long.

عوض نجاح said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...