Saturday, December 30, 2017

Creeping Up On NYE

I can't believe the Christmas holiday is almost over and we missed almost all of it.  I am feeling some better now but not going to push it.

Tomorrow is NYE and we are supposed to have Bean's First Communion which we had to cancel from Christmas Eve because everybody was sick.  Everybody is better now but we can have ice.  What a thrilling break.

As I said, I am feeling improved but still not wanting to overdo -- I know, that sounds lazy -- so I decided to start a new book even though it is highly unlikely I will finish before tomorrow night to add it to my 2017 Goodreads challenge.  However, it is going pretty well so I might -- we will see.

I chose "Agatha Raisin and the Case of the Curious Curate" to be my quick read.  I love these little cozy mysteries and Agatha Raisin is such an identifiable character.  The character in the book is nothing like Ashley Jensen of the tv show fame and I really prefer the Agatha of the books.



I might have to branch out in the new year and try some of the other cozies out there and I do have the new Jan Karon book to start.  I decided I would wait for the new year for that one though. 

I really do enjoy Overdrive -- I really like checking the books out of the library through Amazon and not even having to worry about taking them back.  It is wonderful! And, there are more and more titles all the time.  I am reading this Agatha Raisin book that way and I love it.

So, I guess it is off to find some breakfast.  I can actually feel my appetite returning even though I can't really taste anything.  I have been drinking apple cider vinegar and it is helping but I need it to help a little faster.

I will review the book when I am done.


5 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Have you seen the Hamish McBeth stories, also by M C Beaton? I enjoyed them but being lazy I listened to them on audiobooks.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I have actually listened to one Hamish McBeth on audio book and I have a bunch of the series to read. I really enjoyed the one I listened to.

Pom Pom said...

I am so sorry you've been sick and over Christmas, too! Do you still have tons upon tons to do to get the house in order? Yikes!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pom Pom -- thanks! Yes, this Christmas has been pretty miserable. We are still unpacking but we are still packing at the old house. Fortunately we aren't in any rush to get it done but I tried to cook a meal the other day and it was really difficult -- my hand mixer was at the old house but the beaters are here. I didn't have any serving spoons. It was really weird so yesterday we went to the old house and I scooped up most of what is left in the kitchen! I only had three cup towels, three mugs, and parts of my appliances -- not good!

شركة المثالي سوبر said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...