Saturday, September 08, 2018

Menocore? It IS a Thing

I am not a fashionista.  I don't pretend to be. 

When I was in elementary school I wore lots of tie back dresses in plaids and medallion prints along with cardigan sweaters and penny loafers or saddle oxfords.

In junior high school and high school I wore lots of skirts and sweaters -- Bobbie Brooks -- and lots of a-line dresses -- thank you Lilly Pulitzer.

I grew up and went to work and it all went to hell in a hand basket.  I got married, I gained weight, the styles had changed -- my go-to formula was gone.

I got pregnant -- that was another whole adventure for this non-fashionista.

And here I am.  I am an aging child of the 60's with no idea what she is SUPPOSED to wear but I know what I usually wind up wearing.

I wear jeans a lot -- pull on, elastic waist, fashion no-no jeans.  I wear button down shirts.  I like 'em loose and long.  Most times I am barefoot but I prefer flats -- ballet flats -- Tieks -- even though my feet don't like them.

So, I was roaming around the 'net last night checking to see if Normcore was still a thing and apparently it has morphed into Menocore.

MENOCORE

Yes, it is what it sounds like.  It is a look to help along a group of women who are generally overlooked by fashion.  The middle aged group.  It is a fashion trend to celebrate the "age" and help women find themselves if they are a little lost.  It consists of loose, likely linen clothing, bobbed white hair, thinness (Opps, can't identify!) and apparently wealth.

Check it out on Pinterest.  Or the 'net.  Or in Vogue or Bazaar.

Apparently the younger generation isn't waiting to get to be middle aged or beyond to enjoy this new trend, they are doing it now -- dressing like middle aged women.

As a society we are really interesting creatures.

Menocore -- who knew?

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...