Sunday, October 21, 2018

Apologies

Yesterday I  posted about wishing people would comment when they visit my blog.  Then, today, I set out to do my daily blog reading (yes, I really DO do it every day) and it became glaringly apparent that I was visiting and not commenting!

 Talk about awkward!

So, I set out to make it right and I decided that if I visit a blog, I will make a comment, even if it is only "hi".

I need to be more thoughtful.

My bad.

I am back to making cards and delivered my granddaughter's birthday card and I dropped off their Halloween cards to be given to them by their mother so I didn't have to worry about remembering to mail them.  I still need to deliver Bean's. 

I went shopping for some card making supplies today and am very put out with the selection as it is very meager.  Hobby Lobby is still the best place for stamps and dies and ink.  However, I did stop into Wal-Mart and bought two packages of card stock.  One was Neenah that is recommended and the other was Georgia Pacific which is also recommended.  The GP is considerably heavier so I will have to experiment.  I think the Neenah will be used to  print out digi-stamps for coloring.

I then went to Michaels with my 50% off coupon and bought a 24 set of Polychromos colored pencils.  I love the look of the copic markers but they are too rich for my blood especially since I don't know how well I would do with them.  And, I like pencils.  So, I hope to do some coloring later on this evening.

I purchased a Tim Holtz ruler as well and it is due to be delivered today -- yes, on Sunday -- and I hope it helps me cut things a little straighter.  I have a double astigmatism and sometimes it shows!  It is getting late in the day  and it hasn't arrived yet so not sure if I will see it or not.  Hopefully I do.

So, in the future if you see a shy little "hi" in your comment section it is just me stopping by for a read.  And, hopefully I will be able to share some more cards here soon.

8 comments:

Pom Pom said...

Hi BB! I ordered some of those markers, but they haven't come yet. Why are they so expensive, I wonder? The ones I got at Tuesday Morning for much less are great.
Maybe you can find your card making supplies online somewhere. I went to a store nearby that had LOTS of colors for cards.
I struggle with straightness when it comes to the rotary cutter. I thought it would be easy, but no.
Take care! Have a great week!

Frugally challenged said...

I go through phases in comment making. Sometimes I comment on every blog I read, some days no comments at all. I try and leave comments where bloggers get very few comments but am not so bothered when they have loads without a contribution from me. Some days I comment on every blog, especially if I've been a bit lazy for a few days.

Angela said...

Here in the UK we do not have Hobby Lobby or Michael's. We have Hobbycraft (huge stock but expensive) and a brilliant cheaper store called The Range (they have homewards as well as craft supplies) The UK HQ of Hobbycraft is a 5 minute bicycle ride from my house. I consider a ride and brisk walk round the store to be a good part of my exercise regime. But I try not to buy much there because of the cost!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Pom Pom--I have no idea why they are so expensive but I just can't get my head around buying them because it seems that you need so many! I am finding Hobby Lobby to be the best local place but I have been buying a few things online -- with my achy knees and ankles it is just easier than walking all over a huge store! Have a wonderful week!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Frugally Challenged -- I know what you mean -- some of the blogs have so many followers and so many comments that I am certain I don't have anything meaningful to add but I am going to try. I didn't mean to sound like a whiny kid -- it was one of "those" days -- I hope I am not going into my second childhood! Have a wonderful week, Mary!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Good morning, Angela! Hobby Lobby here seems to be the best all around, for almost anything crafting. Michael's isn't so good anymore for paper crafting. Joann Fabrics used to be where I got most of my stuff but they have dwindled in stock as well. We used to have rubber stamp stores and scrapbooking stores but it seems they left with the 90's. So, it is HL or online for me. But, yes, a good go around one of those huge stores is good exercise for sure!

Frugally challenged said...

And as a small aside Angela and I met up near her nearby Hobbycraft store. See http://angalmond.blogspot.com/2017/05/gratitude-good-friends-giveaways-and.html There's even a picture of the two of us together.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Mary! How wonderful that you two could meet! That is so nice!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...