Saturday, March 02, 2019

Bean and Me Book Club -- Because of Winn Dixie by Kate DiCamillio

Ok, I finished "Because of Winn Dixie" this morning and I have to say it is a bit of a tear jerker.  I loved it.  Clearly, it is a book for young people but it is well written and the lessons it teaches are so well developed. 

I was almost done yesterday so Bean and I sat down and had a discussion about it.  I was at the point that I didn't know if Winn Dixie was gone for good and I was a little anxious about it.  She laughed and said I would just have to finish and find out but then she gave in and told me. 

But, I won't tell you .

Quick read, well written, beautiful characterization and setting.

Yep, I recommend.

I might start reading YA books exclusively!

4 comments:

Lori said...

Winn Dixie is fantastic! Glad you got to read it!

Granny Marigold said...

I enjoy reading YA books because they're usually a quick read and with some exceptions have a good story line.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Lori -- yes, my g-daughter is introducing me to a lot of things I haven't read -- I am going to introduce her to some of my childhood books and see what she thinks! I don't know how she will feel about the Bobbsey Twins!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

GM -- I have read several in the past and have enjoyed them -- they aren't particularly childish and some of the current adult books I just have no interest in -- especially those with the color "gray" in the title.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...