Monday, March 04, 2019

Photo Heavy -- Again with the Crafting

It is cold.  I have been playing.  I am finding that you get really good exercise if you put in a load of laundry and run (not really run) upstairs for 30 minutes to craft and then back down to put the clothes in the dryer and back up -- and repeat -- all day.

Here are the fruits of my efforts.  None are really finished yet. 

An Easter card using a digistamp

Another digistamp and unusual color combo

trying my hand at a water color background.  It looks like a bruise

another watercolor background

I think the sun should have been lower

Easter Card but I need something at the top. Probably the sentiment.  


Time to take the laundry out of the dryer

6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Yes, I find I also get lots of exercise running up and down stairs on laundry days.
I think the cards you created are great but I must admit I have no idea what a digistamp is.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thanks, Granny Marigold! A digistamp is an image that looks like a rubber stamped image. You can download it and print it and use it just as if your used a rubber stamp. It is really a good way to use different stamps and they don't take up room in your craft room -- just on your computer!

Frugally challenged said...

You are certainly experimenting a lot with style! Like the flowery ones especially.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Mary! Yeah, I keep seeing stuff online and want to try it but some of the techniques I am just not good at. Watercolor for one. But I am having fun and can see how it is very relaxing as I can lose myself in this. I had another one but I guess I didn't take a photo of it. Next trip upstairs.......

M.K. said...

Yes, I have tried this mysterious exercise method .... I did it 2 days ago. But I tend to forget the clothes in the washer. I finally put them into the dryer a few minutes ago, haha! OLD Brain :) Your cards are very cute - the one with the tree and the sun is very pretty.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

M.K. -- thanks! I will never make cards as lovely as the ones I see on the internet but it is a lot of fun and stress relieving! And all that exercise -- speaking of which, I still have laundry in the washer! Opps!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...