Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Tamara's Child by B.K. Mayo

I recently completed "Tamara's Child" by B.K. Mayo.  It is an award winning YA novel.

I enjoyed this book a great deal -- it was intense, engaging, a bit frightening and rather sad.  For me, it was a page turner.

"Tamara's Child" is an apt title -- it is the story of Tamara, a troubled teen running from a bad situation into a worse situation which I am sure is not uncommon.  She is pregnant with no place to go until she lands at her step-brother's house.  Her stay there was no walk in the park.  She finds herself in a twisted plot situation and in trouble with the law. 

Events advance, time passes, and the book ends with Tamara as a middle aged adult coming to terms with her past.

I don't want to divulge too much information because this is truly worth the read.  I enjoyed it although it ticked all of my emotions but then, that is probably why I enjoyed it.

I recommend this book without reservation.

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I will see if our library carries that book and if so will definitely request a hold on it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi Granny M! It was a good book and honestly, I am sort of surprised it was classified as Young Adult -- it was pretty intense but it was good.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...