Sunday, October 13, 2019

The Secret Orphan by Glynis Peters

The latest book I have  completed for my 2019 reading challenge is “The Secret Orphan” by Glynis Peters.  It is the story Elenor from Tre Lodhen, Cornwall and Rose, a child from Coventry.  It is set in World War II Britain.

This is a historical novel chock full of mystery, espionage, secrets and a little romance but it definitely isn’t a romance novel.  I think it provides a small window into the lives of the British during  that very frightening time and gives good examples of how resourceful they were.

For me this was a page turner.  I simply couldn’t put it down and I recommend as a great read for all.

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...