Thursday, December 26, 2019

Post Christmas Review

Well, Christmas 2019 is in the books and I have to say I am glad.  This whole year has been a challenge and I am ready to bid it adieu.  I have been absent from my blog for a long time and for good reason other than trying to type on an iPad is icky. I have been struggling with anxiety and depression, brought on I am sure, by my worsening arthritis and increasing immobility.  So I am hoping for a better go in 2020.

I have done a lot of reading lately but failed to meet my Goodreads goal.  I will do better in the coming year.

I have started seriously decluttering areas of the house.  I have learned there is a significant link between anxiety and clutter and I am making an effort to declutter on a daily basis.  My closet has gone well as has my makeup drawer but the craft stuff is going to be a bear.  I am passing on a few books but those are the hardest to get rid of.  I really value books, even yellowing, brittle paperbacks but there is only so much room.  I have succeeded in lessening the amount of reading material coming into the house by using my kindle or my kindle app on my iPad but I will never quit buying books.

We did a little dressing up of the upstairs craft room to make it more kid friendly. I have my craft table which is really a work bench but it looks really nice.  We got it at The Container Store.  Then we added a red leather sofa and a coffee table.  We took some of our paintings out of storage and hung them, refurbished some lamps, added a new, larger tv and voila, a good place for everybody to hang out.   I will take some photos the next time I venture up there but right at the moment my joints are laughing at me even thinking about going up the stairs.

I might go later and buy a keyboard case for my iPad to make typing the blog easier than this one finger hunt and peck action going on.  I have thought about buying a new computer but can’t get excited about it at the moment. Maybe later.

So, anyway, I thought I would check in to let everybody know I am still amongst the living although I am not very mobile at the moment and less motivated.

4 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry to hear you're struggling with various issues. Hopefully the New Year will bring some solutions because staying stuck with problems just wears a person down.
You're making progress with decluttering which is good. And that red sofa will cheer you up every time you walk into your craft room. Take care. All the best to you and your family in 2020.

Frugally challenged said...

Good to see you blogging again! Getting old is no joke, is it, but it's got it compensations. Happy 2020!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Mary, no, it is no joke for sure but I am glad to be here! Just so many things piling up at one time but it will get better. Did you get my card? You were the only one that got an original creation! Haha! Have a wonderful New Year, Mary!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Granny! Yes, I bought a keyboard for my ipad so I think blogging will be easier now. I am looking forward to catching up with everybody. Have a wonderful New Year!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...