Wednesday, January 01, 2020

Good Morning and Happy New Year!

Well, we are having a gray, icky start to the New Year here in North Texas.  I think it is supposed to evolve into something better later today but right now it is a little iffy.

We had our usual New Years Eve celebration last night meaning nothing.  We did nothing.  We went and got a hamburger which elevated Hubs sugar too much and then we watched an episode each of Jane the Virgin, Atypical, and The Crown which I have started over because I never went past the first season. I then took the pupper to bed because she didn’t like the fireworks and I went about my new nightly routine and took myself to bed with my book.

I haven’t signed up for my 2020 Goodreads challenge yet.  I am trying to decide how I want to do it.  I am thinking of following my daughters lead and read an adult fiction, a YA or children’s fiction and a non-fiction book each month.  That is a lot of reading but that is my escape of choice so I should be able to do it.  I am currently finishing up “Plantation” by Dorothea Benton Frank and the autobiography of Freddie Mercury.  I won’t have any problem finding children’s books because Bean keeps me well stocked on those and most of what she reads are really pretty interesting.  My daughter has already suggested a non-fiction book issued in England to explain to the British people exactly what was going on with Hitler and why they were going to war.  It is supposed to be a really good read so that might be one I add.

Sugar.  The only thing that I am doing that is going to look at all like a resolution is to reduce my sugar intake.  I had done well with that but somehow backslid and here I am eating too much again.  I don’t look at that as a resolution, though, more like just a change of habit.

I am working toward meal planning and tonight we are having street tacos.  I love tacos.  I have always loved tacos.  Tacos will pretty much fix anything.  So, we are having tacos on these cute little street taco tortillas.  Growing up in South Texas and eating in public schools pretty much wired me for Mexican on Wednesday so.....it is Wednesday and it is Mexican and that is part of my new plan!

So, on that note, I am going to put in another load of laundry and read a chapter in my book after I see what the dog is so viciously chewing on.  It could be my chair.  Who knows.

I am leaving you with this — a photo of my first cuppa of 2020!  Have a wonderful day!


4 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

Have a good year!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thank you, Mary! Same to you!

Granny Marigold said...

Happy New Year to you too. Sounds like you have a plan for 2020. Good for you.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, GM! Yes, I have a loose plan — I can’t be too regimented or I fail immediately. I have to have wiggle room! I am working toward being more active in my own home. Because of knee pain and growing immobility, I have become sedentary and routine things are put off until they are a huge problem so I am working toward keeping up better and thus not having such big tiring jobs. Wish me luck because keeping up after this pupper is a big, huge expenditure of energy and keeps me moving — that is one reason I got her but she is taking it too far!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...