Wednesday, April 08, 2020

What A Mess

What a Mess and no, I am not talking about the Coronavirus crisis although that certainly does qualify as a “mess” of epic proportions.

What I am speaking of, however, is my craft area and most specifically, my craft stash.

I have been making masks which forced me to go into the craft closet.  Everything is a hodge podge, clearly just thrown in with our last move almost 3 years ago.  I haven’t been doing much crafting, except for card making, so I haven’t entered the closet of doom.

Ok, so I managed to locate all I needed for the masks and used up some of my stash which is good — well, it doesn’t look like a dent was made in the fabric but I did manage to use up all the elastic.  I am done with masks for a few days because, while it was fun in the beginning, it turned boring and I got a terrible backache from bending over the machine.  And then the machine had a temper tantrum which made me all tense so I made it happy, finished up and decided to move on for a few days to something else.

Specifically cross stitch.

Here is the little Old North Church I mentioned in an earlier post.


It is leaning up again a wooden block that you can see through the fabric.  It was a lot of fun to make and it is really tiny.

I am going to start on of the kits I brought home from New Orleans.  It is a chart of the St. Louis Cathedral on Jackson Square. It was such a lovely church.
Of course, by that time things were beginning to be cancelled due to the plague so a concert that was supposed to happen didn’t but we got to tour the church.  Since it is such an iconic part of the French Quarter, I decided a chart of it would be an appropriate souvenir.


So, I went upstairs to gather my supplies and I was really annoyed.  At one point, in my craft hoarding life, I managed to buy all the DMC threads.  All. Of. Them.  Well, I couldn’t find about half the colors.  I finally realized they were packaged in other half done kits.  So, I gathered what I could, searched other stuff that was half done and I think I have it all now but there needs to be some serious Marie Kondo -ing of my sewing stuff.  

Well, else do I have to do, right?  I guess this will teach me to quit being so sloppy!

Time for a nap.

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Sorry you have such a big job ahead sorting through your craft supplies and cross stitch yarn. ( It's probably not called yarn but you know what I mean).
Good luck!!

Boyett-Brinkley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...