Saturday, May 30, 2020

Lemons/Lemonade

I am not a person that stays down well.  I have a high pain tolerance,  I like to stay busy and I have a lot of interests.  I have spent a lot of time reconstructing my daily routine to allow me to do the things I enjoy as well as the necessary things,

Then, on Tuesday, I broke my wrist.

I have never had a broken bone before,

It hurts,  I am hobbled,  I can’t finish my cross stitch project. I cant wash all the dishes.  All this can’t is new to me.  But I am basically an optimist,

So, I have decided to focus on what I can do.

I can type one handed — sort of.  And I can do genealogy.  And I can read,  And watch lots of tv.

So......here I am typing.

I have made a major discovery in my family tree and I am so excited to get the documentation for it.  I will share when it comes.

I am finding it difficult to do genealogy on an iPad and my laptop died so my husband is building me a new desktop computer,  It is going to be beautiful.  We are lucky to live close to an electronics store and they had everything so it will be quick.

I love our PBS station and they are binge showing Ken Burns crafting in America series.  It is great. 
I can watch this!

I cant make cards right now but I can color so I am going to get my art that way.

I am going to do some photo scanning for my family tree which is on Ancestry.  I will probably spend a lot of time with that.

So, I am making an effort to make some lemonade with this lemon I am carrying around with me,

I can still order groceries online so I guess I should go get to that!







4 comments:

Frugally challenged said...

It sounds as though you are planning a fun time despite the broken wrist! However, I hope it heals well and soon.

Granny Marigold said...

Good for you doing all the things you CAN do instead of being disappointed that you can't do everything ( who can?).
I am curious what interesting tidbit you found. This kind of discovery makes family research interesting.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi. Mary, well it is not a clean break so we have to see how it goes. it is sort of my decision if I want surgery or not. I am veering toward not but we will know more next week. what a pain.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, GM, well verbal family history always told us that my great grandparents immigrated with three children and left two or three buried in Wales. I know my g-grandmother had 12 children and I knew who 8 of them were so I went on a search. I started with her funeral book which gave me 11 names -- they also listed the surviving children as well as the deceased children at the time of her death so I had the names of all the children but one which I feel was born in Pennsylvania and was either a miscarriage or a still birth and not named. my grandfather told a story of such a baby that they had to build a casket and melt snow to do the burial. there are significant gaps in the ages of the children to allow for a lost baby or two -- I dont know if I can ever figure out the unnamed baby.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...