Friday, May 15, 2020

Some Pretties

I am not a gardener.  I never will be.  I do like bulbs and am thinking of planting a few in certain places.  I will have to think on that.  But, I thought I would share some photos of things blooming in the yard today.

The magnolia blossoms are as big as my head

These day lilies were here when we moved here

Lantana

These hollies have lots of berries


More lantana
I am hoping to plant some cannas and irises in the back at some point.  I love purple lillies

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Who says you're not a gardener? The pictures seem to say otherwise.
You can't go wrong with Irises and Lilies. I'm not sure about cannas. They're not winter hardy here so I've only ever had them in pots.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I agree about the Irises and Lillies. My mother grew them and she didn’t have a green thumb either. I like things I can just put in the ground and forget about. All of this was here when we arrived, though, and somebody planted a flower bed full of clover. I love it but it has jumped into the grass and now we have these lovely little purple flowers growing in the grass. It doesn’t bother me, Irather like it.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...