Saturday, March 06, 2021

Time Flies

 I had no idea it had been so long since I was here last!  I guess I have been busy but for the life of me I don’t know what I have been doing.

We did manage to sign up for covid vaccines and got the first shot on the 3rd.  No huge side effects and glad to have the ball rolling on that. The second shot will be March 31 and we will be done.  We will continue to wear masks though in spite of our illustrious governor’s  decree.

I bought an instant pot to make yogurt.  Today is my first go. My rector makes it and promises me I will never go back to store bought. We shall see.


I hope it is good because there is nothing easier to do.  I will probably never use the thing as a pressure cooker.  I am scared of pressure cookers. It might just be a large glorified yogurt maker.  We will see.

Ok off to vacuum the floor.  Such great Saturday plans!  That is ok, it is sunny and I am fixing to turn on the a/c so it’s all good!

5 comments:

Olde Dame Holly said...

I was worried you were one of the ones in Texas who had no power, no water. Glad you have just been busy! Let us know how the yogurt turns out!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm looking forward to hearing what success you have making your own yogurt.
With the nicer weather coming I know I'll have less time at my computer too. We'll see how that goes.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, Holly! We had rolling blackouts which was good, we never lost power for long periods of time. We also had to boil our water but never lost it. It certainly did make me rethink prepping plans!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi, GM! The yogurt go done and is chilling now. On first sample, it is pretty good. Nothing but milk and yogurt. Going to try more later with some berries

M.K. said...

You'll love that yogurt. My husband makes yogurt, but has not used our instapot for that purpose. He uses it to make rice, and has made a couple of pork roasts in it, and we use it as a crock pot when we want to take some hot dish to church. I like it because it's not as huge as my oval crock pot.

Update

 Yes, it has been a month — and what a month it has been.  Long story short all the grafts from my husbands bypass surgery have disappeared ...