Sunday, January 30, 2022

Bad Week

 I don’t want to Debbie Downer but it has been a bad week. 

As  I think I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I ceased taking a medication that I had been on for quite awhile and I figured there could be some side effects even though most everything I have read there wouldn’t be any side effects.  I have been off of it for about five weeks and a few days ago it slapped me in the face. I was depressed.  I asked a friend if she did the same when she quit taking it and yes, indeed, she did.  Well, alrighty.

Then earlier in the week, my daughters father in law passed away.  It wasn’t expected but yet he had been ill  for months.  

The day I called our rector to let him know my daughter would be traveling to England soon he confided in me that he would be retiring at the end of this year. Cue the tears. I have been in lots of churches and known lots of pastors but I have never known one like Fr. K.  He has been at our church 23 years and for all that time he has been a part of our family’s good times, bad times, milestones,  celebrations — he is family. He isn’t leaving the area, wants to still be active in the diocese, and says he will maintain the friendships he has nurtured and built over the years.  I am going to hold him to that.  I am heartbroken.

Like I said, this has been a bad week.  And now we are having snow and ice.  No words.



6 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sorry you had a bad week. Hopefully a new week...a new month...will bring better weather and hopes for happier times.

Kim said...

So sorry you're dealing with depression. I can relate. Vitamin D helps (I have to take the mushroom-sourced kind to get any improvements without side effects. It takes more IU's to work, though). Sad that your rector will be retiring. I pray that another wonderful rector will takes his place and ease the adjustment for you.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi,GM it has to get better

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Hi,Kim, thank you. As Fr K said “God already knows who should be here, he will come”. Things will get better.

Pom Pom said...

So sorry, BB! I hope the side effect of going off that med is very temporary. I'm so glad your rector will remain close by.
So sorry for your daughter's family. Prayers.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thank you Pom Pom!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...