Thursday, July 07, 2022

Hot Shot in Savannah and a New Start

 Last night, in the midst of another horrendous allergy attack, I finished my latest title Hot Shot in Savannah by Hope Callaghan.  As usual, Callaghan didn’t disappoint with this latest cozy mystery.  While Callaghan’s books are easy to read and pretty predictable she always has a bit of a twist that brings in the unexpected.  I enjoy these books, as well as one of her other series The Garden Girls Mysteries.  They are just so relaxing.  And apparently there is a new one in the works.

I am now starting another in my queue titled Secrets of the Chocolate House by Paula Brackston.  It is the 2nd in a series that began with The Little Shop of Found Things.  Time travel isn’t really my thing, not much into fantasy but I did enjoy the first books so I am going give the second a go.  You can’t help but get drawn in by the cover!

If my allergies stay at bay I have some housework to do and I have a dog to wash.  If they don’t stay settled down I will read between sneezing.  And stitch.  I didn’t stitch at all yesterday because we were out and about in this life-ending heat.  I used to love summer back when I was a teenager and there was adventure around every corner.  Now the adventure is getting around the corner without falling out because of the heat.  Autumn is, however, my fav season even though it lasts about a minute here so I guess I am really beginning to like winter.  I can’t believe I said that but….

Oh, and I got new glasses even though they won’t be ready for a couple of weeks.  What do you think?


They have a little bling on the side and I am not a blingy person but thinking I might should put one foot out of my comfort zone.  They are comfortable and not too dark and not too bold so I am looking forward to getting them.  My script changes were mostly in my right eye and I can tell it so I am glad I went ahead and went. 

Ok, enough of this.  Time to drink the coffee and do the things!

See you soon!

2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Nice choice of glasses but I'd really have to see them on you. (I know, we all hate having our picture taken).

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thanks! I will try to share a photo if I can get one that won’t scare people. I am just hoping they are comfortable.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...