Monday, September 11, 2023

9/11

 Today is yet another anniversary of the tragedy that was/is 9/11.  I remember where I was, what I was doing and how I felt.  It isn’t anything I ever want to see happen again to anybody anywhere and yet…..

Human nature is a mystery to me, I don’t understand people, I don’t even try anymore.  I just fold up into my own little space and breathe.  

I won’t be watching all the tributes on tv today.  For me that doesn’t bring comfort.  No, I didn’t know anybody directly involved but then we were all directly involved, weren’t we.  

The events of the day didn’t really surprise me, it was inevitable wasn’t it, yet again it was a supreme shock that was felt even here in Texas so far away from the sites.  

Why?  Well, we didn’t know what was going to happen next, did we.  I gathered my family as best I could and we hunkered down, like we do when the hurricanes come into the Gulf of Mexico. 

The feeling was the same as when JFK was shot (yes, I remember where I was and how I felt).  We were vulnerable, sitting ducks, we just didn’t know.

We have learned from it though.  At least I have.  I have learned to not trust.  To watch my back.  To be cautious.  To be afraid.  

What can I say?  Nothing.  There is nothing to be said.

1 comment:

Granny Marigold said...

It's a sad anniversary but like you I won't be watching any tributes.

Book Banning

 Hi, all!  How are all my bloggy friends this almost-autumn-Wednesday morning?  I am doing well — had a lengthy bout of aFib yesterday so do...