Saturday, February 03, 2024

More on the Game Room Redeaux

 Ok, so I have been doing more thinking about the game room upstairs that I am rearranging and repurposing.  In order to access the upstairs we have to climb the most ridiculously steep staircase I have ever seen.  There is a bannister only on one side which means that sometimes I use a walking stick to help myself.  My husband does ok, slow but ok, and I worry Trixie is going to fall and break her back and I sure can’t carry her down.

So, all of that brought my thoughts to “how am I going to get upstairs with a cup of coffee”?  I have a tremor in my left hand that has only gotten worse since I broke my wrist so carrying an open cup of jiggly coffee is not going to work.  I thought about buying a small coffee maker and turning my sewing machine cabinet into a coffee bar but decided against that and, instead, decided on this






I decided a cup with a lid would work well.  I opted for an insulated cup because my coffee gets cold before I can get it finished and it has a girth fitting lid.  It is by hydroflask.  They have three different size mugs — 6 oz., 12 oz and 24 oz.  I chose the 12 oz.  I wanted the pink one but it was two weeks out for delivery and I wanted it quicker than that.  I ordered from Amazon yesterday and it was on my porch at 5:30 this morning.  I had hoped to get it from Container Store yesterday when I bought the Bisley cabinet but they had the brand, just not the item.

Considering the current Stanley cup controversy I chose to stay away from that brand and go with this because it is BPA and lead free.  I got the black because, well, it could get here and it doesn’t really matter.The goal is to get up the stairs with the coffee in the cup.  I haven’t tried it out yet, I will do that later.

I am now sporting a new fragrance — Eau de BenGay.  I have officially gone over the threshold and now smell like my grandmother.  But, all kidding aside, I read an article about how when the fancy meds don’t work, try the old school stuff, like BenGay for arthritis pain and I have to say, yesterday, between the Excedrin and the BenGay my knees almost felt like they belonged to a human.  I will be reapplying today as we have a short jaunt to Walmart which I dread at best so I may as well make it the best I can.

Have a great day everybody!


2 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

Your new coffee cup will be just the thing for carrying up the stairs AND keeping your coffee hot. Too bad you couldn't get the pink one but I'm sure the coffee tastes almost as good in the black.
Thanks for the reply re:Bean and her boyfriend. Sounds like a great intro into more serious dating in a few years.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I am trying it out for the first time today and it is nice, very lightweight which helps. I wasn’t married to the pink one even though it was cute and appealed to my inner girly-girl but the black will age better, probably and it looks nice.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...