Wednesday, May 20, 2009




Book gluttony! Are your eyes bigger than your book belly? Do you have a habit of buying up books far quicker than you could possibly read them? Have you had to curb your book buying habits until you can catch up with yourself? Or, are you a controlled buyer, only purchasing books when you run out of things to read?

Ha! This is sort of funny, actually, in a sick and twisted way. Yes, I admit it, I am a book glutton -- is there a twelve step program for that? I frequent the bookstores and love -- LOVE -- the bargain tables. I have enough books to last for the next five years -- maybe longer -- since I am a very slower reader and now have become addicted to Animal Crossing which bites into the reading time. Recently, I have had to curb my buying and I am proud of myself. I went to B&N looking for a copy of "The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane" only to be told that it hasn't been released yet, come back in a couple of weeks. So, I went looking and before I knew it, I had a couple of books in my hand plus several magazines. I stopped, checked myself and put the books back -- I rationalized -- why should I buy something just because I was THERE -- just wait for what I went there to buy to begin with. The magazines are a different story. My husband purchased a book which he THOUGHT he had and I purchased a magazine that looked familiar and sure enough, we both had copies of them so it is apparent that we are both sort of literarily dysfunctional and it will require a return trip to B&N and who knows what sort of pandemonium might ensure then.

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...