Tuesday, June 02, 2009

It is Tuesday

I have never seen such a nondescript day in all my life. It isn't good, it isn't bad, it just seems to be Tuesday. The day started out with well intentioned plans -- a trip to the car place to get my inspection sticker, a trip to the store to pick up a couple of things, and then a day of ironing. As I got ready for the jaunt to the car place I heard the rumblings of the storms in the West -- I thought that was supposed to happen tonight -- did I really sleep through the weather last night. Hmm. So, off I went and arrived at the car place just as the bottom dropped out of the sky. It is a nice car place and they provide you with various hot drinks, cookies and a quiet reading room to wait out your stay -- I was there at 7:45. I got my hot cocoa -- not bad considering it comes out of a machine -- no cookies -- and settled in with my book to while away a couple of hours. The storm hit --- I settled deeper in the chair -- but it was all over in a second -- my wait not the rain. Apparently nobody else was there and I was the first in line and they got done with the car in record time! Yippee! So, I drive my newly washed ride out into the pouring rain through muddy puddles of standing curb water. Ugh. As I head for my house I realize I am looking head on at somebody coming toward me -- in my lane -- trying to pass someone who was going too slow. Uh, hello, it is flooding out here -- slow down. She missed me by inches and looked a little flustered to see somebody coming toward her but, hey, I was where I was supposed to be! After that I was even more anxious to get home. Had to stop at the store for a couple of things and finally got into my garage, looked out the door at the sunshine and blue sky! Couldn't they have washed my car a little slower? Darn.

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...