Tuesday, June 02, 2009







This is my first post on this meme. Been reading them over at JLSHall and think it looks like fun.

The book I am taking an excerpt from is "The Shroud of the Thwacker" by Chris Elliott

Here goes:

"I pray, good sir, repeat yourself, for the tempest rages too clangorously to allow me to hearken to your needs satisfactorily," replied the hot dog vendor in pretty much the way any hot dog vendor in New York City would reply today. So that told me nothing."

I am only a third of the way through this book but it is hysterical -- not a serious read by any stretch of the imagination!

2 comments:

jlshall said...

I just hate it when the tempest rages clangorously, don't you? This one sounds pretty funny - I've always liked Chris Elliott but didn't know he wrote books!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

me too -- just deafening.

It is funny -- very political yet, if this makes sense, light. It would be a reasonably fast read if I would just sit down and read but my reading, these days, is in snippits. Look at it, though, you might want to put it on your list.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...