Monday, June 15, 2009

THE PLAN -- Day 1

Today is the first day of MY cleaning plan -- an altered form of a popular tutorial on cleaning. I am taking one area each day and cleaning -- each room should be completed once a week and, in my book, that is clean enough. Today I started with my bedroom and bathroom. It has taken me about four hours but that four hours included, mopping, vacuuming, dusting, gathering laundry, changing sheets, cleaning out from under my vanity and part of the closet. It also included cleaning the tub which is jetted and requires running for 15 minutes with a mixture of bleach/dishwasher detergent and hot water. It is then rinsed with plain water by filling the tub again and running for another 15 minutes. So.. I don't know if four hours is good but it is what it is. I took several breaks -- just can't focus on drudgery very well -- but, now I am done and I can reward myself with some fun time -- I think it will be reading time while I have some lunch.

So, tomorrow -- the living area and kitchen/dining. That is the largest area in the house so it might take a while but, maybe not considering it doesn't involve laundry and such. Hmm..I feel accomplished -- sort of.

2 comments:

jlshall said...

Wow! And you're going to do this once a week, for each room? I could maybe do it once a year for each room. And I don't have as many rooms as you have. Think I might be just a teensy bit on the lazy side? I'm glad you at least allowed yourself some time for lunch and reading. I think at that point, I'd be ready to call in Merry Maids!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Well, see, I have this problem -- I want to play all the time -- like read and sew and all that but I feel guilty if I do that stuff and don't clean so basically I don't do anything so I am trying to figure a way to do it all and that is the best plan that I can come up with. It wouldn't have taken so long this morning if we would pick up after ourselves but I don't think at this stage of the game that we are going to do that.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...