Sunday, July 25, 2010

Meme's

I like doing memes.  I like reading other people's memes. So, in a quest to find some new ones, I ran across a site called The Daily Meme (thedailymeme.com).  I ran across two, one I have done many times before, and the second is new to me so I thought I would participate in them tonight. 

The first  is called Unconscious Mutterings at http://subliminal.lunanina.com.  It is a word association game and can be quite hilarious, depending on your mood.  So, here is my unconscious mutterings for this week -- #391.

l.  inception -- beginning
2.  anticipation -- Christmas
3.  space -- travel, bags
4.  earn -- money
5.  .com -- the internet -- yay!
6.  hello!  -- goodbye!, The Beatles
7.  equivalent -- sugar to splenda
8. swore -- LANGUAGE! PLEASE!
9.  actions -- speak louder than words -- they really, really do
10.  expletive -- see #8 above


The second meme I looked at is called Word Beads at Catchwords (http://cfcl.com).  It is a writing meme and you have to use five predetermined words in a sentence.  So, here goes.

scheduable
pail
role
retract
lax

Because John was so lax in his role as pail carrier, we had to retract the offer because the plan was not scheduable.

So, there they are -- my memes for the day! 

4 comments:

jlshall said...

Very nice. Especially the Word Beads. I didn't even know there was such a word as "scheduable."

It's been a really long time since I tried to do any Mutterings. I'm really no good at it because I can never just write what pops into my mind and then shut up. I tend to go on and on and on and on and on and...

Boyett-Brinkley said...

The Word Beads was fun -- reminded me of spelling class when we had to write a sentence with all the spelling words that week. With Mutterings I just end up defining the word.

Amanda Moore said...

Wow you're anticipating Christmas? that is very cool! I looked at wordbeads a long time ago but I never saw anyone participate even the blog owner only generates the words but seems like is never there. It would be fun if people started doing it maybe you'll be the trend setter.
Sorry my muttering is so late in the week but you have a great one!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Thanks for visiting Amanda == I checked the Word Beads this week and they were too hard! Maybe next week!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...