Sunday, July 25, 2010

Booking through Thursday


Do you ever listen to book related podcasts?  If so, why?

No, I don't.  It is simple -- I don't have an ipod.  Yes, I know they exist but I have never had much interest in having one.  I have thought about listening to books on tape in the car but I am afraid I would go to sleep or get distracted while driving and, besides, I am usually listening to alternative talk radio when I am in the car -- something to fuel the road rage.   I am afraid the most sophisticated I have gotten in the  electronic reading department is an e-reader which, to be honest, I have a love/hate relationship with which I am still trying to work out.  I mean, once you have named it, can you really just trade it in?

 

2 comments:

jlshall said...

The iPods are very cute, and great for occupying your mind when you're walking or doing the vacuuming. But I just listen to music on mine - no podcasts.

And I still haven't really read anything on the iPad yet, although M has downloaded several books. I think the only things I've put on there are "Alice in Wonderland" and "Winnie the Pooh."

Be careful with that talk radio. It can fry your brain.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Yeah, I think I have turned into my father with the talk radio but I only listen to it in the car. It seems that music is too distracting these days unless it is classical so I listen to people talk, and talk, and talk, ....

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...