Thursday, August 19, 2010

Booking Through Thursday -- 19 Aug 2010 -- Continued


21. What will inspire you to recommend a book? It really has to move me == really.

22. Favorite genre? I don't know that I really have a favorite. I get on kicks where I read certain things and then move on.

23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)? Uh, if I wanted to read it don't you think I would?

24. Favorite biography? Well, this isn't technically a biography but I really always liked "The Diary of Anne Frank" but I would like to read "Kate" about Kathryn Hepburn.

25. have you ever read a self help book? Hahahaha! I am overweight -- what do you think?

26. Favorite cookbook. I don't like to cook

27. Most inspirational book you have read this year. Bible -- but not all at one time.

28. Favorite reading snack. I would have to say a nice cup of tea.

29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience. I don't know that I would call it hype but I saw the movie version of "The Notebook" before I read the book and now I don't have the desire to read the book.

30. How often do you agree with critics about a book. I don't read professional reviews. I read my cousin's reviews and go from there.

31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews? Well, since I don't generally read bad books I would have to say that I don't feel anyway about it because I usually don't give bad reviews. Except for poor "Bramwell Valley". I don't know that it was such a bad book, it just wasn't for me.


Ok, more tomorrow -- wow, this is a very long meme.

2 comments:

jlshall said...

Yes, a very long meme, indeed. Only people with advanced obsessive-compulsive disorder actually finished it.

No. 23 was a really stupid question, wasn't it?

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Yeah, it was. Ha! I might finish it because I hate leaving things undone! I guess I am a bit OCD! If I could just feel the same way about my kitchen.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...