Thursday, August 19, 2010

Booking Through Thursday

I haven't done a BTT for a long time and, of course, when I visited today I found this super long questionnaire.  I will try.  It might take a couple of edits.  Ok, here goes.

1.  Favorite children's book -- The Bumper Book -- a compilation of stories and poems

2.  What are you reading now? -- "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress"

3.  What books do you have on request at the library?  None, they are planning on closing our neighborhood library which will leave this side of town without a library.

4.  Bad book habit -- buying because I like the cover

5.  What do you have currently have checked out of the library?  Nothing -- see #3.

6.  Do you have an e-reader?  Or does it have me is really the question.  Quite a tempermental thing -- but yes, I do.

7.  Do you prefer to read one book at a time or several at once?  One at a time -- I confuse easily.

8.  Have your reading habits changed since you started a blog?  Not really except now I look at books and think about whether they are blogworthy!

9.  Least favorite book you have read this year.  No doubt -- "Bramwell Valley.

10.   Favorite book you have read this year.  I have no idea -- I read so slowly that my readings can overlap years.

11.  How often do you read out of your comfort zone?  What does this mean -- location or genre.  I never read out of my comfort zone on either.


12.  What is your reading comfort zone?  Again -- my chair is my favorite place to read.  As to genre -- I like many things -- historical fiction, biography, current novel fare and how-to books involving my favorite things -- quilting and embroidery.


13.  Can you read on a bus?  Don't know -- never tried.

14.  Favorite place to read -- my chair, my house

15.  What is your policy on book lending?  I lend books to a select few. Namely daughter and daughter in law

16.  Do you ever dog ear books -- I try not to but I used to as a child

17.  Do you ever write  in the margins of books?  Not when reading casually.

18.  Not even with text books?  Well, of course, with text books but it was hard when having to chisel on the stone tablet.

19.  What is your favorite language to read in?  Well, I prefer my native tongue which is American English but I can handle a good dose of British English as well. 

20.  What makes you love books?  Ah, well, the love of reading was cultivated in me at an early age.  It began with a fascination of watching my mother read the newspaper and then watching my cousin read and get lost in her stories.  When I learned to read I was fascinated that books could take you to places you would probably never go and, if you didn't devour the book, you could stay in that place as long as you wanted and you could revisit without checking your luggage.  I love books that make me completely forget where I am when I am reading them.  Another place, another person, another life......and all for about $14.95 or a library card.

Ok, I will publish this now and finish later.

3 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

I too answered the questions I liked. It was too long to answer all. And my answers are VERY short!

Here is my BTT: Reading meme post!

jlshall said...

No, no, no! How can they take away your library? Bad, bad city planners!

I am really awful about buying books for their covers. Must be genetic.

Yeah, those chisels never were sharp enough, were they?

OK - I'm coming back later to see if you finish this. It took me all morning to get mine done.

Lori said...

I reluctanly answered the questions as well. My answers are short and to the point. I like it when we are asked on topic and we can discuss it in depth, this was nothing more than a survey. Anyhoo, Here is my Booking Through Thursday

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...