Monday, February 07, 2011

For Today 7 February 2011

Outside my window I see blue skies, sunshine and just a tiny bit of ice in the shady part of the driveway.

I am thinking how quickly the beautiful day that was yesterday transformed into a cloudy, cold, rainy mess in the blink of an eye and know that it is going to do it again tomorrow. It makes me sad but I am trying to remember that it is winter, after all.

I am thankful for the fact that the powers that be decided it was too dangerous for people to be on the roads last week and schools and businesses were closed down to make it a safer place.  Not to mention that I enjoyed the entire week with hubby home!

From the learning rooms I am playing with my accuquilt cutter and enjoying cutting out quilt fabric.  I am going to try another "Disappearing Nine Patch".

From the kitchen I have discovered that we prefer bread made in the bread machine rather than store-bought which is a good thing because our store didn't have any bread yesterday after all the snow/ice and Super Bowl parties.

I am wearing -- uh, you don't really want to know.

I am creating some cross stitch ornaments for next year.

I am going to complete the project that I have started today even if it takes me all day -- which it might.

I am reading "A Piggly Wiggly Wedding" on my Nook which is named Tinklepaw.

I am hoping to get a number of things organized before the next winter event which is scheduled for Wednesday!  Hopefully I can read my way though the next storm!

I am hearing the aquarium behind me.  When we no longer have fish, we are taking it down and then I don't know what I will be hearing -- nothing probably!

Around the house I am in purging and organizing mode.  I am usually pretty good at this when the mood strikes and the mood has struck, thanks to my Dear Daughter who did the same thing last week and, honestly, I would rather be at her de-cluttered house right now than my own!

One of my favorite things is the feeling of accomplishment -- and a brushed kitty. That would be two things -- my bad.

A few plans for the rest of the week include a marathon dental appointment, watching the snow and probably babysitting the Bean.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...