Tuesday, February 08, 2011


Teaser Tuesdays 8 February 2011

Since I am still reading the book that I teased you about the last two times, I am going to go to the new book I bought this evening and share a couple of lines from it.

"But months later, as I looked through Maira's photographs, one in particular -- of my sixteen-year-old daughter; Aki: adnd me -- actually changed my life.  In that instant, sandwiched between my blond daughter and gray haired Aki, I saw myself for what I truly was:  a forty-nine-year-old mother with a much too darkly shellacked helmet of hair.  I clearly was not some faintly with-it older pal of my daughter's, but neither did my hair make me look like a contemporary of Aki's.  It was like I was some spectral person floating in a non-man's-land, neither young nor old.  I felt as if I didn't know who I really was."

An excerpt from "Going Gray" by Anne Kreamer

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...