Monday, February 21, 2011










The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window I am seeing the absence of the temporary sales office to our spanky, new co-op condo that they have been building behind my house.  The temporary office has been there for a year, looming over our fence and blocking our view.  I am glad it is gone.

I am thinking that there was something else I needed to do today but I don't have a clue what it is -- ah, the joys of the aging brain.

I am thankful for today and the fact that the aforementioned temporary building is gone.

From the learning rooms I am learning about cross stitch fabric.  I have been doing cross stitch for years and am still learning new things.  One new thing that I have learned is that I am not sure I like linen.  I am stitching without a  hoop and maybe it would be easier with a hoop -- guess I will learn about that later.

From  the kitchen I am figuring out that I am not great at just concocting dishes on my own -- the "thing" I made a couple of nights ago I liked but the Hubs didn't.  He did like the chili I made during our "blizzard", however. 






Chili! By my Mom's recipe!


I am wearing an old t-shirt from a quilt shop hop that I did a few years back -- I love this t-shirt even if it is dingy and waaaaaaay too big but it is comfy and reminds me of a great time the Hubs and I had together.  Oh, and I am also wearing gray athletic shorts -- yes, shorts but it is Texas and the weather has been gorgeous.


I am creating some handmade Christmas gifts.  I decided this year would be the year that I didn't get to December 1 and wish I had started earlier!

I am going on a small vacation soon.  The details are not set yet.

I am reading The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom.  It is a really good book that I am having trouble putting down.  I acquired my e-reader when I decided that something needed to be done about the copious number of books I buy since I was running out of space.  I decided that I would purchase e-books and if I really wanted to add something to my personal library I would purchase the hard copy -- preferably a hardback.  I think I will be adding this book to my shelves.



I am hoping that the weather  stays good and that I can stay on the roll I am on with my purging and organizing our excess "stuff".

I am hearing, on some news program, that not everybody needs to eat breakfast -- in some people it just piles on extra calories.  I never had a weight problem until I started eating breakfast as an example to my children and it seems that once I eat in the morning, I am hungry all day.  So, for me, this is good news!

Around the house things are getting more organized and "leaner" in regards to our "stuff".  The older I get, the more I dislike excess -- clothes, kitchen items, magazines, weight -- is that normal?

One of my favorite things is waking up early and taking my morning tea outside on the patio to drink it.  After a year of not being able to do that compliments of the offending building, I am looking forward to doing that again.

A few of the plans for the rest of the week include babysitting, sewing, crafting and reading.

Here is a picture thought for you

Love me some bright and perky Starbucks art!

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...