Friday, June 24, 2011

And This One Time -- I Built a Lion


My daughter and I recently had the privilege of attending a baby shower for a close friend.  We were accompanied by one little Bean and when she saw one special gift she squeaked...but it wasn't hers.


There were loads of gifts at this shower -- but  a very special one made by the future Grandma and manufactured by ...






It is part of a series of animal patterns printed on fleece to be cut out, assembled and stuffed.  This Nona went on a hunt for the fleece at Joann's but alas, it couldn't be found so I had to resort to the....

and I was able to find and acquire the necessary fleece to build a lion.




This is how you build a lion....

The back of the lion, before cutting

The front of the lion after cutting, with ears

The bottom with company logo
The ears sewn together

Ears attached to head

Mane before cutting

Mane after preparation

Awaiting his fluffy stuffing



Doesn't he look happy with himself?






And the lion stuffing begins

Roar!
And that, my friends, is how you build a lion! His official name is Larry but that might be temporary.  He will be arriving at his new home just in time for the birthday party celebrating Beanie's first year.  I wonder if she will squeak?

3 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

Aaaah! A smiling simba.
Jane x

Sarah said...

That is really cute! Can you share the site where you found the pattern to make. Would love to have one for my child!

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Sarah, I think I got it off etsy but I can't remember. Just google Patty Reed Designs, Jungle Babies and you will find it. There is the lion, a giraffe, a zebra and I think a tiger. They don't come with instructions, you have to get that from the Patty Reed Designs website but they are pretty easy to put together -- at least the lion was. The stuffing is the hardest part, to get it to look smooth and non-lumpy -- just work with it -- it isn't hard.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...