Sunday, June 05, 2011

Like a Bolt out of the Blue

It came to me suddenly -- like a bolt out of the blue -- a dream in the night if you will -- the reason why I am such an unsuccessful blogger.  I am "too" -- too random, too slow, too lazy, too unorganized -- to sum up, too boring.

I read lots of blogs and add to (and subtract from) my blogroll on a regular basis.  I have lots of interests so I am always looking for blogs to read that mirror those interests.  I love quilting and needlework, I read constantly, I have not gotten into bird watching/feeding, I am sort of becoming interested in gardening and I like taking photos.  The only thing is that my  blog doesn't concentrate on one thing, it is a hodge podge of all sorts of things with no real direction.  The photo taking is another issue -- taking them is fine, getting them on the computer is another.  I don't seem to be able to remember how to download them from the card so I have a little cheat sheet that the Hubs gave me to help.  It just seems to be an effort.

Most of the blogs I read are usually focused on one subject with lots of photos.  I guess I could start a blog for every subject but then I would have to deal with the "too lazy" aspect of my personality.  It seems that I have sunk into the "meme-a-day" sort of approach which does help with the consistency aspect but, come one, who really cares which I think about all those things and what word or group of words I can come up with to complete a thought.  Blah.

So, I guess I am going to have to re-think the whole blog thing.  I really enjoy reading them, I do enjoy writing them, but I think I need to get out of this box to do my thinking and make more of an effort to take more photos....ah.

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...