Thursday, September 08, 2011



8 September 2011

Booking Through Thursday has posed the following questions --

What are you reading now?
Would you recommend it?
And what is next?


I am currently finishing up "Aunt Dimity and the Duke" by Nancy Atherton.  It is the second in the Aunt Dimity series that consists of about fifteen titles.

I would recommend this book but I would rather recommend the series. I didn't realize this was a series and read one of the books sort of in the middle of the series.  It was stand alone, as they all are, but it is much nicer beginning at the beginning because they do build on each other.

As far as what is next, it would be an obvious choice to read the third in the series but I might take a break and do something else.  Sitting on my bookshelf calling out to me each time I walk by is a copy of "When the Light Goes Out" by Larry McMurtry.  It is the sequel to "Duane's Depressed" which I haven't read.   Hmm..in reading the back of the book, it describes "Duane's Depressed" as "one of McMurtry's most moving novels" -- Texas Monthly.  So, maybe I shouldn't skip over that one -- I might miss something.  So, in answer to the question -- I am not sure but I will let you know!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh, sounds like a fun series!

Here's mine:
http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_08.html

Sherrie said...

Hi!
I'll have to check them out. They sound like a great series. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought

jlshall said...

McMurtry is such a great writer. I've got Duane's Depressed on the shelf, but haven't read it yet. Right now, I'm not really ready for a lot of depression, so I've been sort of sticking with cozy mysteries. The Aunt Dimity books sound like they might be just what I'm looking for.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...