Tuesday, September 06, 2011


Teaser Tuesdays

I figure I better post this now, while it is still Tuesday!  This has been a strange day, probably due to yesterday being a holiday but it doesn't seem like Tuesday and it doesn't seem like it should be dark already -- hmmm...one cold front and the days are already getting shorter.  Go figure.

Ok, here is the teaser.  It is from the book I am still reading Aunt Dimity and the Duke, page 197.

"Don't suppose I should take such pleasure in this," he said, crossing from the windows to stand before a lute-strumming marble angel perched upon a marble pedestal, "but it's really quite wonderful.  Watch."  He grasped the angel's head and tilted it forward and the wall behind the pedestal swung away into darkness.

I haven't gotten to this part yet so I don't really know what is happening here -- but I have an idea!

3 comments:

Joyus said...

Since reading your previous post about this book I located and read a copy of Aunt Dimity's Death and now I'm hooked on the series too...

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Wonderful! Like Nancy Drew for grownups!

Gill - That British Woman said...

in answer to your question Coronation Street is on CBC in Canada. We also have BBC Canada here which has a lot of British programmes on it.

Gill

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...