Monday, September 26, 2011

t
Musing Mondays -- 26 September 2011

What does it take for you to give up on a book you're reading?

It takes a lot, actually, and while I don't usually give up on a book, I will give it a time out and come back to it later.  I don't like to give up on books or feel as if I need to give up on a book.  Having been the sort that did lots of creative writing in school, has taken creative writing courses and such, I know what goes into writing and I appreciate all authors efforts.  However, since people's reading/writing tastes differ, I try to choose books that I know I will finish because not finishing a book, to me, is an insult to the author.

3 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

There are a few books I just have had to put down..they were insulting my intelligence. Some I have have ploughed on regardless, and then wished I had put them down!
I'm like you , I tend to stay with the familiar.
Jane x

Jackie McGuinness said...

I no longer feel the need to stick with a book if it bores me. I'll give it a chance but if I am not getting anything out of it, then I'll give it up.

Gill - That British Woman said...

I am with Jake, though I do, do what Jane does and stick with the familiar.

Seems like it's the Canadian gang who is only commenting today!!

Gill

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...