Saturday, January 14, 2012

View from a Window --

Ok, the pics were taken late Thursday afternoon but I am just getting them posted.  Anyway, they don't look much different than the previous ones.












Remarkably unchanged, right?  So, I will add a couple of pics of birds that the Hubs took.  He has the camera mounted onto the telescope and is actually taking some good bird photos. 










Looks really serene, doesn't it?  Yeah, not so much.  We have so many doves out there it looks like something out of Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" and we have a hawk that relieved us of one of our doves -- there is nothing but a mess of feathers all over the flower bed.  Hubs is enjoying feeding the birds even though they are becoming demanding little demons and can put away an entire feeder of seed in one day -- but I have to wonder if we are just setting them up to be somebody else's dinner?  Hubs says it is just nature -- I say it is creepy.  In any event,  this is the life in our backyard!

2 comments:

Jane and Chris said...

I didn't know you had a genie living in you garden! You can't kid me....I know the urn is a genie abode.
Jane x

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Jane -- you mean the blue tile thing on the right? Haha! It is a kamado -- a Japanese barbecue/smoker. This is the second one we have had, the first being The Big Green Egg. They are fabulous and do a wonderful job on almost everything. Next thing the Hubs is doing is pizza! No, no genie but I do have a fairy door and a gnome. I will post photos.

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...