Thursday, January 12, 2012

2012 Reading Challenge Update -- Whatever Happened to Pudding Pops









Ok, I can't believe it myself but I read this in one day.  My daughter got it from the library, I was at her house, I couldn't resist and there you go.  Trust me, it is a short easy read.

Each page is devoted to a product, service, toy, book, restaurant, etc. that was popular in the 70's and 80's.  It explained the subject of the page, how it came about, and ultimately what happened to it.  Some of the things are still around as original, some are revised, some have bitten the dust.  Two of my favorite listings are Shakey's Pizza and, obviously, pudding pops.  It was a fun read, reminding me of so many things that were influences on my children, like Dapper Dan, and also why I will never have avocado green in my home again!

Would I recommend this book?  Sure 'nuf -- it will remind you of so many things you had totally forgotten about as well as some you wish hadn't drifted off into oblivion -- like pudding pops!

I might actually buy this book for my Nook Library or my physical library -- it was fun.

No comments:

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...