Tuesday, July 17, 2012




17 July 2012

Yes, I realize it is Tuesday and I have already done the meme for today but I forgot this one yesterday so I am playing catch up -- not an uncommon activity for me.

The questions this week are -- What are you  currently reading?  Is it any good?  Would you recommend it.

I am currently reading "East End Jubilee"  by Carol Rivers.

I am finding it to be one of those books you can't put down.  It  takes place at the time of the coronation of Queen Elizabeth.  It is about Rose, her husband, his troubles, their children, her sister -- their lives, everyday and how they cope.  It is a bit like watching a family through their kitchen window or over the back fence.

Yes, I would recommend it.  It is a quiet book but it is compelling and I am quite enjoying it.

4 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I am back blogging at blogger just to confuse you!!!!

I have made a start on "An Irish Country Village," by Patrick Taylor, I have three in the series to read, just not getting on very fast.

Gill in Canada

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Not to worry, Gill, I did a big of blog jumping myself -- blogspot to wordpress and back again! I have "An Irish Country Village" in my queue -- maybe I should read it with you!

Gill - That British Woman said...

I have put it back on the book shelf as I seem to be as busy as heck, but will try and read it before month's end and then we could compare notes.

Gill

Boyett-Brinkley said...

Gill -- sounds good. I don't know what is going on with me but all I want to do these days is read! It like I am a kid again. I seem to have lost all interest in activities that make a mess -- like quilting!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...