Tuesday, July 17, 2012




17 July 2012




I am still in the middle of East End Jubilee but the next book in my queue is So Far Away by Meg Mitchell Moore.  I seriously wish I could read multiple books at a time but that concept seems to be beyond me but, since this book is next I will "tease" from it.


"It was a Friday when the girl came into the Archives for the first time, the first Friday after they'd changed the clocks.  Spring ahead, fall back:  Kathleen had once learned some rhyme about that when she was a schoolchild, but she no longer remembered it.  It had been some time since she'd been a schoolchild.  This was early November, the leaves mostly down, lying wet and slick all over Boston."

Page 3

2 comments:

JLS Hall said...

These are both new to me. All those wet leaves sound a little depressing -- hope the rest of the book is NOT.

Boyett-Brinkley said...

I think it is going to be good -- I read a couple of chapters in the store before I bought it -- I couldn't put it down so I had to buy it!

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...