Sunday, January 13, 2013

Hair -- Again





Ah, yes, the ever present quest for the perfect haircut.  I have had short hair since I was 15 years old.  I won't go into  how long that has been -- it isn't important.  However, when I initially cut my hair at 15, I cut it from shoulder length, lank, unhealthy,  abused, teenage hair.  I loved the short hair and only grew it out once, when I was expecting my son.  Those prenatal vitamins are powerful things!  For the majority of the time since the 15 year old haircut, I have cut my own hair.  Sometimes it was good, sometimes not so much -- not a lot different than salon cuts.  However, I got tired of having to clean up the mess in the bathroom and decided to find a salon and have been going ever since.  That was about 10 years ago.  I have been through a lot of styles in that 10 years and have sort of settled on a pixie.

HOWEVER.....

It looks great for the first week.  By the second week it is getting a bit raggedy.  By week three it is out of control and by week four it doesn't even resemble the original cut.  I really need it cut again after week 2.  At $50 a pop that really seems like an overkill.

So, I am sitting here listening to the media reports on the flu and wondering if I could go back and cut my hair myself again.  Since we are in the middle of a flu epidemic I am not crazy about going to the beauty shop as I have to go on a Saturday and it is usually very crowded.

I am also trying to figure out if I could cut it myself so it doesn't grow out so wonky.  As I am running my fingers through my hair I am realizing that one side is really longer than the other.  Maybe I should grow it out long and pin it up?

How about that news story this morning about the woman who gave up makeup for a year.  She went to a barbershop for a haircut.

I don't know but the idea of $100 a month to get my haircut like a guy isn't making me feel too  good or too smart.  Must be another way.

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I go to a small hairdressers and pay $20 every six weeks. She doesn't charge as much as the big salons and as I have mine cut short also, there doesn't seem like she can really go wrong.

So try looking for a smaller salon, that may help?

Gill

Boyett-Brinkley said...

That might be the answer. I will have to do some looking around

Update

 Ok, so we visited our cardiologist yesterday to get the lay of the land for the Hubs.  Seems there is an issue with one of the grafts from ...